Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Musical Fruit

I have been going to the gym again. Last night I decided I would just set my iPod to "Shuffle Songs" and let it go - no fast forwarding, no skipping songs, just listening to every song that was randomly chosen. Here is the (terrifying) list:

Public Enemy "Can't Truss It"
Spice Girls "Wannabe"
Bud Light Presents Real American Heroes "Mr. Inspirational Poster Writer"
Rogue Wave "California"
Movie Soundtrack "Theme from Fargo"
Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
T-Pain "I'm In Love With a Stripper"
Simon & Garfunkel "The Boxer"
Pat McGee Band "Walking in Memphis"
Dave Matthews Band "The Space Between Us"
Radiohead "Street Spirit"
Destiny's Child "Bootylicious"
Beethoven "Symphony No. 9"
Kid Rock "So Hot!"
TV Theme Song "The A Team"
Def Leppard "Armageddon It"
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony "Crossroads"
Shania Twain "Man! I Feel Like a Woman"
Natasha Bedingfield "Unwritten"
REM "Man on the Moon"
Akon featuring Snoop Dogg "I Wanna F*ck You"
Van Halen "Love Walks In"
Third Eye Blind "Jumper (Acoustic)"
Jane's Addiction "Jane Says"


Not exactly the soundtrack to "Pumping Iron" but maybe the soundtrack to "Pumping 10-Year Old Malaysian Boys." I think fitness expert and noted heterosexual Richard Simmons says it best:


I guess some of those songs aren't tragic. But a lot of them are. When the hell did a gay man hijack my iPod??? At least no Cher or Celine Dion was played. I am not saying there never is, I am just saying there wasn't any this time. But its not like you jackals don't have some embarassing sh!t on your iPods. Right?

Me needs to make some playlists ASAP.

No comments: